Forum

Announcement: Per reader request, the forums have been moved to my Patreon page. Please click here to join. Thank you.

Welcome! Introduce ...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

5 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
jaimeaheidel
Admin
Topic starter
(@jaimeaheidel)

Hello, loves! So wonderful to have a space again for communication and discussion. 🙂

I'm Jaime, I'm 40 years old, and I was diagnosed on the autism spectrum in 2015 at 35. It was one of the best days of my life. I started this website on the back of a now-defunct Facebook page I used to run. Slowly but surely, I'm transferring the content from the page into individual blogs posts here. I enjoy having a platform independent of third-party social media sites. 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer back in February, and I'm currently in treatments, so I won't be able to be as active on here as I'd like, but I wanted to start the process of building this site and community when I'm feeling well because it helps me stay productive and keep my mind off of scarier topics. 

Here are a few "getting to know you" questions you can copy and paste if you'd like to use a structured format. I'm so glad to have you here and get things up and running again.

1) What is your proudest accomplishment?

Making this website!

2) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Right where I am for now.

3) What is the best part about your job?

Being able to write for a living.

4) What is the worst part about your job?

Prefer not to answer. lol!

5) Who is your favorite author?

Dean Koontz

6) What is your favorite TV series?

Dr. Who, The Twilight Zone, Nailed It, Picard

7) Coffee or tea?

Tea

8) Chocolate or vanilla?

Chocolate

9) Wine or beer?

Wine

10) Cats or dogs?

Cats

Topic Tags
4 Replies
ktseery
Customer
(@ktseery)

Hello, I'm Kat. I'm 28 years old and learned about ASD being a possibility last year. I currently self-identify (after tons of research) and I'm still trying to get an official diagnosis (Dx) but it's proved to be extremely difficult so far. So I may have to reside myself to self-Dx. 

1) Proudest accomplishment? 

Honestly getting through this past year. We moved for my new job and less than 2 weeks after we moved, the memorial day tornado destroyed our place (yes we were inside but we were ok). I now have ptsd from it and when we moved I had intended to finish my dissertation and defend in August but it's been delayed and I've been dealing with that in addition to all the change of a new job AND the craziness that is 2020. If you told me I'd be doing that in the midst of a probably 2 yr burnout? I'd think you were crazy.

2) If I could live anywhere where would it be? 

Probably somewhere in Canada honestly. Away from tornado central and where it's cooler. 

3) What is the best part about my job? 

Honestly that it's enabled us to save actual money (after a grad student stipend anything is amazing) and that it's flexible. 

4) What's the worst part about my job? 

I deal with sexism and ageism constantly. Probably some ableism too. 

5) Who's your favorite author? 

I haven't been able to read for myself in a VERY long time. I still like The Giver though so I guess Lois Lowry (I may not have spelled that right) 

6) What's your favorite TV series? 

Star Wars The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels. I change a lot with what I'm watching but those two are pretty constantly good. 

7) Coffee or Tea?

Tea all the way. Coffee smells lovely but I can't handle the taste. Probably for the best since caffeine affects me a lot.

8) Chocolate or Vanilla?

Chocolate. 

9) Wine or Beer? 

I do not drink very much because it also affects me a lot, but I can have some wine cooler or ciders sometimes. Amaretto sours if I make it so it's mostly sour mix lol 

10) Cats or dogs? 

I love most animals but I connect with cats the best. We have 2 cats and I don't know what we'd do without them. 

1 Reply
jaimeaheidel
Admin
(@jaimeaheidel)

@ktseery Yay! This worked. I'm so glad. Thank you for sharing! 

bonnyb1
(@bonnyb1)

Hi Jaime & everyone,

I am a mum of an autistic teen girl, here to learn - thank you for having me here.

1) Proudest accomplishment?

Getting to where I am in my life right now as a generally happy person I guess!

2) If i could live anywhere, where would it be?

hmm probably Crete, Greece, warm and friendly place, very beautiful.

3) What is the best part about my job?

Getting to know people and helping them find ways to be at peace with their lives (I have 3 different jobs right now).

4) What is the worst thing about my job?

Dealing with pointless bureaucracy (notice on this particular job has been handed in!).

5) Who is your favourite author?

Right now it's Byron Katie, but it has also been Stephen King and Douglas Coupland - depends what i'm into reading at the time

6) What is your favourite TV series?

Just enjoyed 'Little Fires everywhere'

7) Coffee or tea?

Coffee every time....even though I am English 🙂

8) Wine or beer?

Definitely wine

9) Cats or dogs?

Love both but dogs especially

1 Reply
jaimeaheidel
Admin
(@jaimeaheidel)

@bonnyb1 Thanks for introducing yourself! 🙂 If it helps, I'm an American who quite prefers tea. 😉 

error: Content is protected !!